- What is a Fat Grafting?
- How does this treatment differ from the other options?
- What Conditions May Be Treated?
- Whom is the treatment for?
- Whom is the treatment not for?
- How is the treatment done?
- When will one see the results?
- How long do the results last?
- How to maintain or enhance my results?
- What is the recovery like?
What is a Fat Grafting?
Fat grafting uses injections of your own fat to enhances and restores volume for select facial and body areas, while simultaneously sculpting the areas of fat harvesting.
How does this treatment differ from the other options?
Completely autologous, natural, and living
Generally abundance of source of fat in most people
Simultaneous body sculpting
What Conditions May Be Treated?
1. Facial volume restoration and shaping
2. Breast augmentation
3. Buttock augmentation
4. Body contouring
5. Hand rejuvenation
6. Skin quality improvement
7. Autologous stem cell sourcing
Whom is the treatment for?
1. Patients with realistic expectations
2. Patients in good healthy conditions
3. Adequate fat for harvesting in case of fat grafting
4. Stable weight without frequent or excess weight gain or loss
Whom is the treatment not for?
1. Patients with unrealistic expectations
2. Patients with low blood sugar, dehydration, acute disease, autoimmune disorder, blood disorder, cancer, or on bleeding thinning medications.
How is the treatment done?
In individuals with adequate fat for harvesting, fat grafting is achieved from fatgrafting. Sculpted areas of excess fat may include the jowls, face, abdomen, flanks, back, the tail bone, thighs, and many other sites. The harvested fat can then processed and injected in layered fashion into the specified area. Additional sessions may be required.
Generally, several sessions are required.
The treatment takes about one hour in an outpatient clinic setting.
Local or general anesthesia is used.
When will one see the results?
The results will be seen instantly as well as gradually in weeks. After the swelling subsides with few days, the results will look more and more natural.
How long do the results last?
Results vary from six months to years. Duration of effect is similar regardless of sessions of treatments, but the magnitude of change will be determined by the number of sessions.
How to maintain or enhance my results?
Additional maintenance is required.
Healthy eating and exercise are helpful to enhance results.
Further treatment may be recommended for further results.
What is the recovery like?
Recovery lasts one weekend, with most people returning to work and activities thereafter.
Temporary swelling, soreness, and mild bruising are expected.
Prescription pain medications may be needed.
After the treatment:
Message to the areas three times a day for three days to improve evenness.
Ice pack to the areas for the first two days to reduce swelling
Heat pads to the areas for the subsequent two days to expedite resolution of any bruising.
Cost of Treatments
Cost of treatment options ranges from three to five digits. An in-person consultation with your specialist physician will help to determine the best suitable solution to your own individual needs.