What is excessive weight?
Weight which exceeds the ideal range for a given height is considered as excessive, either overweight or obesity. The ideal way to measure weight is based on the body mass index, or BMI.
When BMI ranges between 25 to 30, one’s weight is considered overweight. When BMI exceeds 30, the weight becomes obesity.
Obesity is a common marker of aging and a major cause of many illnesses. When our body’s composition of fat and muscle deposits becomes imbalanced, we risk developing certain medical conditions and affecting our overall physiological functioning.
At the Advanced Aesthetics Center, we provide a wide range of medically supervised treatments that are not only effective, but are also simple, safe and gentle.
What are the causes of excessive weight?
The causes of excessive weight are multiple.
- Genetics: hereditary makeup
- Eating habits: unhealthy quality, quantity, and timing of eating
- Exercising habits: lack of adequate physical activity
- Sleep habits: lack of optimal sleep and rest
- Mind habit: emotion, self-esteem, perception, anxiety, depression
- Hormones: excessive stress hormones, under-active thyroid
- Medications: alcohol and many medications
Want to effectively lose excessive weight? Consider the following treatment options.
What are the treatments for weight loss?
- Weight Loss