- What is Scar Lift SM?
- How does this treatment differ from the other options?
- What Conditions May Be Treated?
- Whom is the treatment for?
- Whom is the treatment not for?
- How is the treatment done?
- What results may be expected?
- When will one see the results?
- How long do the results last?
- How to maintain or enhance my results?
- What is the recovery like?
What is Scar Lift SM?
Scar Lift, a novel non-surgical scar treatment technique, combines the collagen stimulation effect of advanced microneedling MotoRoller, Sculptra, PRP derived high density growth factors, and subcision.
This procedure gradually stimulates your lost collagen, restores facial shape, smoothes out facial scars, and even nourishes the skin. MotoRoller improves superficial texture and superficial scars. Sculptra acts as a synthetic scaffolding agent, providing shape. PRP derived high density growth factors provide nourishment to the healing skin. Subcision undermines and releases the underlying adherent scar bed to allow new collagen ingrowth.
This treatment smoothens the skin, lifts the face, and provides deeper collagen stimulation than laser, yield much longer lasting results than fillers, and afford less downtime than fat grafting.
How does this treatment differ from the other options?
1. Smoothens the skin and lifts the face
2. Provides deeper collagen stimulation than Laser
3. Yields much longer lasting results than Fillers
4. Afford less downtime than Fat Grafting
5. Proprietarily researched and developed multi-layered collagen regenerative technique
What Conditions May Be Treated?
1. Stretchable scars
2. Textural irregularity
3. Sunken temples
4. Cheeks Hollowed
5. Hollow eyes
6. Mild to moderate sunken or hollow face
7. Flat looking face
8. Mid-face sagging
9. Prominent nasolabial folds
10. Early jowls
11. Receding chin
Whom is the treatment for?
1. Patients with realistic expectation
2. Patients in good healthy conditions
3. Stable weight without frequent or excess weight gain or loss
Whom is the treatment not for?
1. Patients with unrealistic expectation
2. Patients with low blood sugar, dehydration, acute disease, autoimmune disorder, blood disorder, cancer, or on bleeding thinning medications.
How is the treatment done?
Subcision is performed by introducing a micro-dissecting cannula to underline, release, and separate the underlying scar beds. A open space is therefore created, allowing room for injection and regeneration of new collagen growth.
One’s own platelets derived platelets rich plasma, PRP, is harvested and concentrated to derive high density growth factors. Prepared Sculptra is then mixed with the high density growth factors to create a suspension of biological seeds, micronutrients, and scaffold. The suspension is then “activated” to promote release of the numerous growth factors from one’s platelets. Once injected, collagen stimulation, growth, and regeneration gradually takes place, “re-growing” your face back to a plumper, more voluminous heart-shaped face.
MotoRoller, the advanced microneedling, is started after topical numbing medicine is applied for a brief duration. After the numbing cream is washed off, the roller is applied in horizontal, vertical, and diagonal strokes to produce pinkness and faint pin-point oozing. Topical skin micronutrients are then applied and rolled into the depth of the skin, followed by additional strokes until the products are absorbed.
Generally, several sessions are required.
Results are more precise, longer lasting, and more complete when injections are done in stages. Specific areas of collagen or fat loss are the addressed with serial sessions of monthly injections. The treatments are sized to your dimensions and customized to your specific facial needs.
All unused prepared or mixed medicine must be packaged and labeled with the recipient patient’s identification.
The treatment takes about few hours in an outpatient clinic setting
Local anesthesia may be used.
What results may be expected?
1. Smoother temples
2. Plumper and voluminous mid-face
3. More heart-shaped looking face
4. More sculpted cheek definition
5. Reduced nasolabial prominence
6. Lifted early jowls
7. More fullness of the chin
8. More hydrated, plumber, and even-toned skin
When will one see the results?
The results will be seen gradually within one to two months after each session. After the swelling subsides within a few days, the results will look more and more natural.
How long do the results last?
Results last two or more years. Duration of effect is similar regardless of sessions of treatments, but the magnitude of change will be determined by the number of sessions.
How to maintain or enhance my results?
No special maintenance is needed. To enhance your results, consider alternatives.
What is the recovery like?
Recovery lasts few days to one week.
Moderate swelling, mild bruising, and mild pain are expected.
Prescription pain medications are generally not necessary.
Most people return to work and activities in a few days.
Cost of Treatments
Cost of treatment options ranges from three to five digits. An in-person consultation with your specialist physician will help to determine the best suitable solution to your own individual needs.