- What is LipoSonix?
- How does this treatment differ from the other options?
- What Conditions May Be Treated?
- Whom is the treatment for?
- Whom is the treatment not for?
- How is the treatment done?
- What results may be expected?
- When will one see the results?
- How long do the results last?
- How to maintain or enhance my results?
- What is the recovery like?
What is LipoSonix?
This treatment uses high intensity fat melting ultrasound to permanently and precisely destroy targeted unwanted fat, tighten lax skin, and breakdown stubborn cellulite.
How does this treatment differ from the other options?
1. Convenient one-time fat destruction for high heat tolerant individuals
2. Precisely destroys both flat and bulging fat
3. Contiguous treatment areas without skip areas for optimal contouring
4. More skin tightening and even smoothening than fat freezing technique
5. For both fit and overweight individuals
6. More cost effective than fat freezing
What Conditions May Be Treated?
1. unwanted fat, flat or bulging
2. mild skin laxity
Whom is the treatment for?
1. Patients with realistic expectations
2. Patients in good, healthy conditions
3. Stable weight without frequent or excess weight gain or loss
4. High heat tolerant individuals
5. Fit or overweight individuals
Whom is the treatment not for?
1. Patients with unrealistic expectations
2. Heat intolerant individuals
3. Obese individuals
How is the treatment done?
High-intensity ultrasound is used to destroy the middle and deep layers of fat. A conductive lubricant is applied, followed by pulsed, uniform, and multi-pass applications of ultrasound energy to destroy fat cells. Even distribution of fat shrinkage subsequently takes place over the next few months.
Generally, one package consists of one ultrasound session.
The treatment takes about two hours in an outpatient clinic setting.
Oral and/or inhalational anesthesia may be used.
What results may be expected?
1. 20% ~30% of fat shrinkage
2. skin tightening
3. skin smoothening
4. permanent skin fat destruction
5. body contouring
When will one see the results?
The results are seen in 3 months.
How long do the results last?
Combined with proper diet and exercise, results last years, with further treatments suggested for maintenance.
How to maintain or enhance my results?
Additional maintenance is required.
Healthy eating and exercise are helpful to enhance results.
Further treatment may be recommended for further results.
What is the recovery like?
Recovery lasts one day.
Mild redness, moderate pinkness, soreness, and mild bruising are expected.
Recovery is much easier than surgery.
Prescription pain medications are generally not necessary.
Most people return to work and activities in a few days.
Cost of Treatments
Cost of treatment options ranges from three to five digits. An in-person consultation with your specialist physician will help to determine the best suitable solution to your own individual needs.