- What is Restylane?
- How does this treatment differ from the other options?
- What Conditions May Be Treated?
- Whom is the treatment for?
- Whom is the treatment not for?
- How is the treatment done?
- What results may be expected?
- When will one see the results?
- How long do the results last?
- How to maintain or enhance my results?
- What is the recovery like?
What is Restylane?
As we age, our skin envelope begins to thin out. Collagen and fat begin to shrink, giving us a hollow or sunken appearance.
Fillers are synthetic or autologous agents used to help restore the volume for the face and body.
Restylane is an synthetic filler made of hyaluronic acid family of Restylane, Defyne, Lyft, Refyne, and Silk.
How does this treatment differ from the other options?
1. Long lasting volume restoration with staged sessions
2. Easier than fat injection
3. Indirect lifting as compared to the direct lifting of facelifts
4. More contouring than botox
5. non-surgical compared to implants
What Conditions May Be Treated?
3. Sunken temples
4. Cheeks Hollowed
5. Hollow eyes
6. Mild to moderate sunken or hollow face
7. Flat looking face
8. Mid-face sagging
9. Prominent nasolabial folds
10. Early jowls
11. Receding chin
12. Neck lines
15. Body contouring
16. Breast contouring
17. Liposuction defects
18. Skin quality improvements
Whom is the treatment for?
1. Patients with realistic expectations
2. Patients in good healthy conditions
3. Stable weight without frequent or excess weight gain or loss
Whom is the treatment not for?
1. Patients with unrealistic expectations
2. Patients with low blood sugar, dehydration, acute disease, autoimmune disorder, blood disorder, cancer, or on bleeding thinning medications.
How is the treatment done?
Following local anesthesia, fillers are injected slowly and retrograde in low pressure settings to slowly, incrementally, and gradually restore the lost volume of the targeted skin sites.
Generally, several sessions are required.
Results are more precise, longer lasting, and more complete when injections are done in stages. Specific areas of collagen or fat loss are the addressed with serial sessions monthly injections. The treatments are sized to your dimensions and customized to your specific facial needs.
All unused prepared or mixed medicine must be packaged and labeled with the recipient patient’s identification.
The treatment takes about half hour in an outpatient clinic setting.
Local anesthesia is used.
What results may be expected?
1. Longer Nose
2. Fuller Lips
3. Enhanced chin
4. Smoother temples
5. Plumper and voluminous mid-face
6. More heart shaped looking face
7. More sculpted cheek definition
8. Reduced nasolabial prominence
9. Lifted early jowls
10. More fullness of the chin
11. Smoother neck lines
12. Plumper hands
13. Fuller buttocks
14. Improved body contouring
15. Improved breast contouring
16. Improved liposuction defects
17. More hydrated, plumber, and even-toned skin
When will one see the results?
The results will be seen instantly as well as gradually in weeks. After the swelling subsides with few days, the results will look more and more natural.
How long do the results last?
Results last six months or more . Duration of effect is similar regardless of sessions of treatments, but the magnitude of change will be determined by the number of sessions.
How to maintain or enhance my results?
Additional maintenance is required.
Healthy eating and exercise are helpful to enhance results.
Further treatment may be recommended for further results.
What is the recovery like?
Recovery lasts one weekend, with most people returning to work and activities thereafter.
Temporary swelling, soreness, and mild bruising are expected. Gravity dependent areas may have more temporary swelling.
Prescription pain medications are generally not needed.
After the treatment:
Message to the areas three times a day for three days to improve evenness.
Ice pack to the areas for the first two days to reduce swelling
Heat pads to the areas for the subsequent two days to expedite the resolution of any bruising.
Cost of Treatments
Cost of treatment options ranges from three to four digits. An in-person consultation with your specialist physician will help to determine the best suitable solution to your own individual needs.