- What is Scupltra?
- How does this treatment differ from the other options?
- What Conditions May Be Treated?
- Whom is the treatment for?
- Whom is the treatment not for?
- How is the treatment done?
- What results may be expected?
- When will one see the results?
- How long do the results last?
- How to maintain or enhance my results?
- What is the recovery like?
What is Scupltra?
As we age, our skin envelope begins to thin out. Collagen and fat begin to shrink, giving us a hollow or sunken appearance.
Fillers are synthetic or autologous agents used to help restore the volume for the face and body
Scupltra is a synthetic filler made of polylactic acid which stimulates collagen regrowth for contouring, shaping, and volume restoration.
How does this treatment differ from the other options?
1. Long lasting volume restoration with staged sessions
2. Easier than fat injection
3. Indirect lifting as compared to the direct lifting of facelifts
4. More contouring than botox
5. non-surgical compared to implants
What Conditions May Be Treated?
1. Sunken temples
2. Cheeks Hollowed
3. Hollow eyes
4. Mild to moderate sunken or hollow face
5. Flat looking face
6. Mid-face sagging
7. Prominent nasolabial folds
8. Early jowls
9. Receding chin
11. Neck lines
13. Body contouring
14. Liposuction defects
15. Skin quality improvements
Whom is the treatment for?
1. Patients with realistic expectations
2. Patients in good healthy conditions
3. Stable weight without frequent or excess weight gain or loss
Whom is the treatment not for?
1. Patients with unrealistic expectations
2. Patients with low blood sugar, dehydration, acute disease, autoimmune disorder, blood disorder, cancer, or on bleeding thinning medications.
How is the treatment done?
Following local anesthesia, fillers are injected slowly and retrograde in low pressure settings to slowly, incrementally, and gradually restore the lost volume of the targeted skin sites.
Specific areas of facial collagen or fat loss are addressed with serial sessions monthly injections. The treatments are sized to your dimensions and customized to your specific facial needs.
Generally, several sessions are required.
The treatment takes about one hour in an outpatient clinic setting.
Local anesthesia is used.
What results may be expected?
1. Enhanced chin
2. Smoother temples
3. Plumper and voluminous mid-face
4. More heart shaped looking face
5. More sculpted cheek definition
6. Reduced nasolabial prominence
7. Lifted early jowls
8. More fullness of the chin
9. Plumper hands
10. Smoother neck lines
11. Fuller buttocks
12. Improved body contouring
13. Improved breast contouring
14. Improved liposuction defects
15. More hydrated, plumber, and even-toned skin
When will one see the results?
The results will be seen gradually in weeks. After the swelling subsides with few days, the results will look more and more natural.
How long do the results last?
Results last years. Duration of effect is similar regardless of sessions of treatments, but the magnitude of change will be determined by the number of sessions.
How to maintain or enhance my results?
Additional maintenance is required.
Healthy eating and exercise are helpful to enhance results.
Further treatment may be recommended for further results.
What is the recovery like?
Recovery lasts one weekend, with most people returning to work and activities thereafter.
Temporary swelling, soreness, and mild bruising are expected.
Prescription pain medications are generally not needed.
After the treatment:
Message to the areas three times a day for three days to improve evenness.
Ice pack to the areas for the first two days to reduce swelling
Heat pads to the areas for the subsequent two days to expedite the resolution of any bruising.
Cost of Treatments
Cost of treatment options ranges from three to five digits. An in-person consultation with your specialist physician will help to determine the best suitable solution to your own individual needs.