Platelet Rich Plasma
As we age, our skin envelope begins to thin out. Collagen and fat begin to shrink, giving us a hollow or sunken appearance.
Fillers are synthetic or autologous agents used to help restore the volume for the face and body.
PRP, or Platelet Rich Plasma, is an autologous filler made of activated albumin derived from the platelet poor plasma in the processing of plasma, the portion of blood free of red blood cells.
2. Autologous and derived from one’s own system
3. Abundant supply and easily accessible
4. Long lasting volume restoration with staged sessions
5. Easier than fat injection
6. Indirect lifting as compared to the direct lifting of facelifts
7. More contouring than botox
8. non-surgical compared to implants
PRP, or platelet rich plasma, a processed component of your own blood, consists of platelets and numerous cytokines and growth factors. PRP are therefore self derived growth factors or cytokines.
This technique utilizes your own blood derived blood signaling cytokines. This processed portion of the plasma from your blood is a regular version of a common procedure known as platelet rich plasma, or PRP. This fractionated portion has been shown to contain numerous signaling growth factors and cytokines.
These cytokines and growth factors have important reparative and regenerative capacities. PRP can thus be used in disease-based medicine, cosmetic treatments, and anti-aging settings.
In essence, the ultimate benefits of stem cells may be the potent bioactive molecules released by stem cells. More and more recent research have demonstrated that cellular derived elements, the potent signaling cytokines and bioactive molecules, rather than the cells themselves, may be responsible for the reparative and regenerative capacity.
3. Sunken temples
4. Cheeks Hollowed
5. Hollow eyes
6. Mild to moderate sunken or hollow face
7. Flat looking face
8. Mid-face sagging
9. Prominent nasolabial folds
10. Early jowls
11. Receding chin
12. Neck lines
15. Body contouring
16. Breast contouring
17. Liposuction defects
18. Skin quality improvements
2. Patients in good healthy conditions
3. Stable weight without frequent or excess weight gain or loss
2. Patients with low blood sugar, dehydration, acute disease, autoimmune disorder, blood disorder, cancer, or on bleeding thinning medications.
Generally, several sessions are required.
Results are more precise, longer lasting, and more complete when injections are done in stages. Specific areas of collagen or fat loss are the addressed with serial sessions monthly injections. The treatments are sized to your dimensions and customized to your specific facial needs.
All unused prepared or mixed medicine must be packaged and labeled with the recipient patient’s identification.
The treatment takes about half hour in an outpatient clinic setting.
Local anesthesia is used.
2. Fuller Lips
3. Enhanced chin
4. Smoother temples
5. Plumper and voluminous mid-face
6. More heart shaped looking face
7. More sculpted cheek definition
8. Reduced nasolabial prominence
9. Lifted early jowls
10. More fullness of the chin
11. Smoother neck lines
12. Plumper hands
13. Fuller buttocks
14. Improved body contouring
15. Improved breast contouring
16. Improved liposuction defects
17. More hydrated, plumber, and even-toned skin
Healthy eating and exercise are helpful to enhance results.
Further treatment may be recommended for further results.
Temporary swelling, soreness, and mild bruising are expected. Gravity dependent areas may have more temporary swelling.
Prescription pain medications are generally not needed.
Message to the areas three times a day for three days to improve evenness.
Ice pack to the areas for the first two days to reduce swelling
Heat pads to the areas for the subsequent two days to expedite the resolution of any bruising.