The Most Versatile Skin Tightening Treatment For the Face, Eyes, and Body
Non-surgical face lifting refers to skin tightening technologies which tone, lift, and contour the face and neck without surgery. These technologies can re-build collagen, condense unwanted fat, and tighten the superficial muscular layer of the skin. Specifically, these technologies tighten loose skin on the brows, eyelids, the jowls and neck, and under the chin.
Fundamentally, all skin technology uses focused deep heat to achieve skin tightening. Currently, there are three ways of achieving the skin tightening: laser, radiofrequency (RF), and ultrasound. Each modality targets different depths of the skin, emits different type of heat patterns, and thus produce different clinical benefits for different conditions.
Commonly, combination of laser, radiofrequency, and ultrasound produce faster and better results. And further combining with botox and fillers create the best overall results.
Thermage uses mono-directional radiofrequency heat energy to tighten, lift, and compact the skin. This treatment stimulates collagen of medium and deep depth, tightens the fibromuscular fascia of the skin, and flattens down unwanted localized fat.
As a more costly option, this procedure is particularly suitable for thick-skin, heat-tolerant individuals who desire a convenient onetime treatment.
This treatment tightens and contours the face by using electrical energy to produce collagen remodeling, growth, and fat shrinkage in select areas. Correctable conditions include early stages of nasolabial lines, jowls, and double chin.
This treatment improves early skin eyelid redundancy, improving hooding and fine wrinkles around the eyes.
This treatment improves body wrinkling. Correctable conditions include skin wrinkling and cellulite associated with pregnancy, weight loss, and/or aging.
2. Suitable for chubby face, double chin, droopy eyelids, cellulite, stretch marks, and body wrinkling
3. Targets collagen and fat more comfortably than ultrasound
4. Appropriate for one time treatment for the heat tolerant individuals
2. Chubby face
3. Double chin
4. Eyelid wrinkles
6. Stretch marks
7. Body wrinkling
2. Patients in good healthy conditions
3. Stable weight without frequent or excess weight gain or loss
2. Patients with low blood sugar, dehydration, acute disease, autoimmune disorder, blood disorder, cancer, or on bleeding thinning medications.
Generally, a combination package treatment is required.
The treatment takes about half hour in an outpatient clinic setting.
Oral anesthesia may be used.
2. Reduced double chin
3. Improved eyelid wrinkles
4. Improved cellulite
5. Reduced Stretch marks
6. Smoother body wrinkling
For these areas which excess plumpness or volume is not desired, more energy via more pulses, shots, or lines to these areas will flattening the areas down.
Areas where plumpness or volume is not desirable and thus enhanced energy may be warranted include:
- lower cheeks
- nasolabial prominence
- double chin.
For areas which plumpness or volume is not desired, more energy via more pulses, shots, or lines to these areas will actually decrease the flattening the areas down, and produce more hollowed appearance.
Areas where plumpness or volume is to be maintained and thus excessive energy is not warranted include:
- upper cheeks
With combination technique, both ultrasound and radiofrequency energies are performed, all on areas where flattening where contraction is desired. Combination results are better than single modality ultrasound or radiofrequency alone.
Thus, where the skin tightening is targeted affects the aesthetic outcome and can either rejuvenate or age your look!
Does skin tightening with a single modality of laser, radiofrequency, or ultrasound provide the best skin tightening result?
The short answer is combination technique, not single modality, produce the best results.
- focused columns of superficial heat energy, with gaps of no energy between columns
- targets superficial collagen
- uniform, radiant, circumferential, wavelike heat without gaps
- targets deep collagen and fat more comfortably
- focused columns of deep heat energy, with gaps of no energy between columns
- targets deep collagen and muscle with intense heat.
- While ultrasound can also be used for fat, monoploar radiofrequency provides far more uniform heat for better fat reduction.
The efficacy of skin tightening depends on:
- Levels of heat: superficial heat(superficial collagen), deep focused heat(deep collagen and muscle), and deep radiant heat(fat contraction).
- Amount of heat
- Sessions of heat
- Combined treatment with other modalities such as laser, radiofrequency, botox, and fillers.
Mild redness, swelling, pain, and occasional tingling are expected.
Prescription pain medications are generally not necessary.
Most people return to work and activities in one day.
Healthy eating and exercise are helpful to enhance results.
Further treatment may be recommended to further results.