臭氧（O3) is a gas at room temperature and is made up of three oxygen molecules. The mechanism behind ozone is that it stimulates circulation, improves oxygen utilization, stimulates beneficial cytokines, and directly kills microbes. Over time, ozone gas dissociates back into oxygen, which can act as a nutrient for joint tissue to regenerate.
治療特色 Special Features
Prolotherapy: Prolozone does not cause as much pain as prolotherapy. Inflammation caused by prolotherapy can last for weeks, while prolozone may only cause some slight swelling for a couple days. Prolotherapy would require multiple sessions to produce similar results as a few treatments of prolozone.
Steroid Injections: Steroid injections can be used to bring relief from joint pain by reducing inflammation and edema. But constant use of steroids may lead to joint degeneration, which may further worsen the joint pain over time. Prolozone not only helps relieve pain, but it also help regenerate connective tissue around the joint, bringing stability to the joint, thus reducing pain long after the treatment.
Hyaluronic Acid Injections: Hyaluronic acid injections are typically performed for moderate to severe joint degeneration. The ingredient acts as a natural lubricant to prevent further bone-on-bone erosion of the joint. While effective in reducing pain, it acts only as a temporary solution and does not help regrow connective tissue as prolozone does.
可改善的癥狀 Treatable Conditions
Frequent Ask Question常见问题
The procedure involves numbing the skin with a cold spray, then performing an injection with a small needle into the affected joint. A single entry point will be needed with each treatment area, where anesthetic will first be injected to numb the joint. Nutrients including vitamins and minerals are also included to increase the efficacy of the treatment. Ozone gas will be injected last, which may initially cause discomfort in the joint due to increased pressure from the gas. The discomfort will dissipate within 15-20 minutes, though soreness may persist for 1-2 days.
With one treatment, pain relief will last between 2-4 weeks. With each additional treatment, there will be longer-lasting pain reduction and increased stability of the joint due to the strengthening of ligaments and tendons in and around the joint.
Enhancement: It is recommended to do consecutive treatments of prolozone spread 4-6 weeks apart each treatment. The number of treatments required varies depending on severity of joint disease and pain.
Maintenance: It is recommended to do a single or double treatment of prolozone every 6-12 months to maintain efficacy and fortify joint and other musculoskeletal improvements.
- Moderate swelling, mild bruising, and mild pain are expected for 1-3 days.
- You may experience pressure and soreness for 1-3 days in the treatment area. The treated joint may release sound during movement due to the ozone gas being dispersed.
- Prescription pain medications are generally not necessary. Ice can be used for lingering pain.
- Most people return to work and activities within a couple days.
- Wear appropriate clothes to allow easy access to joints.
- Stay hydrated before and after treatment.
- No NSAIDs (Advil, Ibuprofen, Celebrex, diclofenac) 24 hours before treatment.
- No strenuous activity for at least 24 hours after treatment.
- No NSAIDs (Advil, Ibuprofen, Celebrex, diclofenac) 48 hours after treatment.
- Ice can be used 2-3 times a day after treatment.